Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Speaking Scripture

Oh, my sweet, crazy Noah. He challenges us (to put it lightly). He is definitely the most strong-willed little person that lives in our house. I was finding myself saying out loud, to him or others, ways that he was frustrating me. I heard myself one day and it made me sad and I didn’t want him to hear me say those things (even if they may have been true in that moment.) He is a little sponge and definitely at an age where he is understanding what we're saying. So instead, when things get a little hairy, and other times, too – like bedtime and snuggle time - I try to remember to recite this verse over him instead:

“This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.”
Genesis 6:9

The abbreviated, 2 year old version is “Noah was righteous, and he walked with God!”

Just this week, he started saying it back to me, which just might be the cutest thing I’ve ever heard. I’m praying it takes root in his strong-willed, wild-child, two year old heart and that he puts all that energy and gumption into walking with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers