Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Costumes!

IMG_5176
I had a different theme in mind for Halloween this year (think Neverland). Then I saw this football onesie on Pinterest and that was that. It was the most simple costume EVER. Total investment: $4.75 and 30 minutes of sewing!
I know I’m biased, but he has to be the CUTEST football ever!
10-111
It was not a hard jump from football to football player and cheerleader. The best part about Ben & Grace’s costumes is that they will double as game day gear for a year or two! I did want to throw in a little DIY for their costumes, too. Gracie got homemade bows (Yay for learning to make my own bows – that’ll save me some cash for sure!). Ben got homemade shoulder pads. We looked into getting some pads for him to wear from the store, but I nearly choked when I saw how expensive they were. The pads I made him were FREE! I used 2 old t-shirts from the rag bucket and polyfil that I already had in my stash. I sewed the two pieces together, stuffed them, and then stitched over the different areas to make the shoulders, back and front sections.
IMG_5255
So here they are: my football player and cheerleader. They both really loved their costumes, which is the most important thing, right?!
10-11
10-112
Halloween has become such a fun tradition around here. I wonder what we’ll do next year…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers