Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Froggy Shower

Gavin and Holly are expecting a little boy, so Mom, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Karen & I threw her a baby shower. I chose a froggy theme to coordinate with her nursery. The printables came from an Etsy store and they were PRECIOUS, but oh-holy-night, did it take forever to cut all of those things out. My favorite decorations were the pom poms & the diaper motorcycle (a fun variation of a diaper cake). I had a blast crafting and decorating for the party. There was a great turnout and a few friends stayed well after the official festivities were over. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time.


IMG_4818
The very excited mommy-to-be


Mom, Aunt Cindy, & Aunt Karen made a TON of yummy food. I was in charge of decorations & dessert. I love how those little pin wheels came out.

IMG_4790
The spread was incredible

The water bottles had cute wrappers and we had some coordinating green punch.


IMG_4795


The dessert table had cupcakes & chocolate covered popcorn. It also displayed two of my gifts for Holly - the diaper motorcycle and the wooden blocks spelling Michael's name.

IMG_4794

Here’s a close-up of the motorcycle. I found instructions for how to make one here.

IMG_4809

Aunt Cindy made fun of my chocolate covered popcorn – she said it looked “mildewed”! I didn’t care because it was dee-licious. People were setting up camp next to that trifle dish. The recipe for the popcorn came from here. There are so many options. I ended up using chocolate & white chocolate chips & gel food coloring. FYI - you can NOT use liquid food coloring (or add any sort of liquid, for that matter) with melting chocolate. It becomes a hot mess and you have to start all over.

IMG_4811

Here are the pom poms. I think I’ll be making these for all future parties. Thank you, Martha Stewart!

IMG_4823

Holly took this froggy cuteness home and hung it in the nursery.

IMG_4825

This was a fun shower game. We froze some babies in ice cubes, and each guest put one of the cubes in their drink when the party started. Whoever’s baby broke free from the ice first had to shout “My Water Broke!” It was pretty funny!

IMG_4822
Melting babies

IMG_4796
Aunt Catherine, Niki, Aunt Karen & Claire
 

IMG_4806
Mom & Aunt Cindy practicing their college girl smiles!


IMG_4807
I liked all of Holly’s gifts except for the LSU themed ones. Blech.

The favors were really sweet. It was a tea light wrapped in tulle and it had a poem attached that said, “Here’s a candle for you to light once the stork has made it’s flight. With a flicker and a flame, say a prayer in Michael’s name.”

IMG_4827
Thanks for coming!

The men and kids kept busy outside.

IMG_4831
Gav & Gabe worked on the bikes

 

IMG_4834
Gracie got some quality time & snuggles


Ben didn’t stray too far from the action. He really got into playing “My Water Broke!” and he was most likely the first to run off with a cupcake!

IMG_4838

Noah made his rounds, too, and got plenty of lovin’ from his cousins. He was, as usual, very serious and taking everything in. Aunt Cindy thinks he is just concerned about the economy.

IMG_4820
Wee-wah & Wellie-belle

IMG_4821
Noah & Claire
Getting a quick hug from my Aunt Karen.
IMG_4835


Congratulations, Gavin & Holly! We can’t wait to meet Baby Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers