Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Zoo-ba-dee-doo

While I was a work today, Brian and the kids headed to the zoo. The weather was PERFECT. All of the animals were out and about, stretching their legs and exploring their habitats. It’s important to get to the zoo when the weather is nice like this, because in a month or so, both the animals and the people are going to want nothing more than to be hiding out in the shade or air conditioning!
 
Bri took some great pictures of all of the animals. Have we mentioned how much we are loving the new camera?
 
3-11
 
They don’t let us ride the real animals at our zoo, so it’s important to take advantage of the next best thing – riding the animal sculptures.
 
IMG_1381


IMG_1393 - Copy


IMG_1583
 
I’m not sure what my kids are thinking here. “Hey Grace, when the hippos come by, turn to Daddy and flash the camera!”
 
IMG_1410
 
OOOHHH, you wanted a picture with our shirts ON? No problem.
 
IMG_1413
 
Oh, this handsome guy… too big!
 
IMG_1443
 
Brian decided to take the kids to feed the lorikeets. I’ve never done this with them (mainly because birds horrify me).  Ben thought it was pretty cool…
 
IMG_1506
 
but Gracie LOVED it! Bri said it was hysterical how excited she was… I wish I could have been there to see it (standing safely outside the bird exhibit, of course).
 
IMG_1542


IMG_1553
 
Gracie + Lorikeet + Cup-o-nectar = PURE JOY!!!
 
IMG_1563
 
I love spring time at the zoo… even when I just have to experience it through pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers