Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Impromptu Visit

Mom called yesterday morning and when I answered she asked, “Guess who’s coming to dinner tonight?” I thought she meant guess who was going to dinner with her in Louisiana but what she meant was that she was  making a flying trip to see us in San Antonio (literally). Her boss’s plane would be flying here and staying overnight and she was going to get to hop a ride. Woo hoo! I was so excited!

The kids went to KDO and I went to work until it was time to pick her up. I pulled up to the little private airport and Ben said, “Are we picking up Sweetie?! This is her airport!” He loves it because it’s where we pick my mom up when we get little surprise visits, and it also has a popcorn machine. Yummy!

Our visit was quick but SO FUN. We all had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and then just Mom & I went to a movie. We saw “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.” It was extremely slow and incredibly depressing. The movie was beautifully acted and filmed, but when it ended it was just kind of…. eh. Oh, well. This morning the kids and I played hookie from BSF and we got a slow start. Sweetie tagged along for our typical Wednesday lunch playdate at McDonald’s. After that we drove around and did a little shopping (I picked up some supplies for Noah’s 1st birthday shirt) before we had to drop her back off at the airport this evening. We were all sad to see her go, but we’re excited about our visit to Louisiana in a couple of weeks.

This was the only picture I got while she was here. I took it with my iPod, so it’s TERRIBLE. No worries – I’ll get some good pictures of Mom & the kids during our Mardi Gras celebration. Thanks, Mom, for a great little surprise! Can you come back tomorrow?

IMG_0024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers