Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Puppy Birthday Outfit

I decided to make Gracie a birthday outfit for her puppy party. I started with a plain white t-shirt and then I added an applique.
 
IMG_2597

I ironed some wonder under onto the polka dot & blue fabric. Then I traced the outline of the puppy (I used a plastic cookie cutter) and the #2 and the balloon (printed from the computer).

Once I had all of my pieces cut out, I ironed them onto the t-shirt according to the instructions.

Finally, I used matching thread and ran a straight stitch right along the edge of the applique.
 
IMG_2599

I also made her tutu. It was really simple. I just tied strips of tulle around a wide piece of elastic that I had measured around Gracie’s waist and sewed shut.
 
IMG_2604

I think the end result was pretty cute. I need to find some litte shorts or bloomers for her to wear under it. I can’t wait to see it on her at her party!
 
IMG_2602

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers