Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

A Cajun Thanksgiving

We travelled again for Thanksgiving… this year we were back in Louisiana. We stayed at Mom’s and ate TOO MUCH yummy food.
 
Noah wanted to help Sweetie cook – he knows that yams are part of his heritage! :)
 
IMG_1391
 
The weather was SOOOOO nice that we spent most of our time outside. I was excited to smush this little face.
 
IMG_1401
 
Aunt Holly had the same idea – and she went for two at once!
 
IMG_1403
 
Gracie couldn’t let the boys steal all of the snuggles, so she did her best to make her rounds and entertain us all!
 
IMG_1422
 
My little yeti brother was the official turkey fryer. I guess the beard increases his wisdom and skills, because he did an amazing job. That turkey was DEE-LICIOUS!
 
IMG_1408
 
Turkey frying must be really hard, too, because he had to take a nap afterwards.
 
IMG_1418
 
Michael decided that that was enough rest for one day, so he stole his Daddy’s hat.
 
IMG_1425
 
Paw Paw came over to spend the day and sample the goodies.
 
IMG_1420
 
He promised to come back the next day to boil us some seafood! YAY!
 
IMG_1432
 
And boil he did. YUMMM! I got my fill of shrimp and crabs and I was in heaven!
 
IMG_1435
 
Unfortunately, I had to share with this guy.
 
IMG_1430
 
While Paw Paw was cooking, the boys played some football.
 
IMG_1437
 
Go long!
 
IMG_1442
 
Noah decided he was done…
 
IMG_1438
 
because Aunt Holly had PIE! It was finger licking good, apparently!
 
IMG_1441
 
The kids crashed at the end of the day, except for Noah, who spent some time curating his social media.
 
IMG_1445
***********************************************************
I was looking through pictures after we got home and I remembered that another little boy wore the same shirt for Thanksgiving back in 2007.
 
I knew I recognized those cheeks from somewhere!
11-121
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! Gobble, Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers