Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

To Noah, From Mommy

IMG_8462
To my crazy Noah Bug,

Two years ago you made your own way into this world a tad bit earlier than any of us were ready for. You haven’t stopped doing things your own way since. You spend most of your days looking for ways to get into T-R-O-U-B-L-E. You make it hard for me to be the disciplinarian because you are SO DARN CUTE. I imagine I’m going to wear out the knees in my Mommy pants praying for you as you get older. For your safety (my little dare devil)… for my sanity… I’m sure the list will be long.
 
As wild and crazy as things have been since you’ve joined the family, I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I CAN NOT get enough of your face. You have the biggest, most beautiful eyes that I’ve ever seen. Your eyelashes go on for days and days and days. When you smile, my heart melts and I want to just kiss all over those sweet dimpled cheeks. You have the funniest little voice – it is equal parts precious baby and indignant German dictator. I particularly enjoy how you don’t really “call” for me with the sing-song “Moooommmmy” that most toddlers do, but instead you shout “MOM-MAAAAY” at the top of your lungs. Even though you can be a little rough around the edges, you are still my sweet boy and I cherish each and every snuggle that you are willing to send my way. As you’ve gotten older, you’ve become more of a snuggler, and I could not be more thrilled!

While I love the increase in hugs, I’m not happy that you are getting older. Five seconds ago I was keeping a vigil in the NICU next to a teeny little preemie… I blinked and you became a toddler. You are ALL boy. I know you are going to get tired of me saying this year after year, but you will always be my baby. You filled the final spot in our family and have stolen my heart since day one. Try not to use that against me, ok? I see you working hard each day to make your presence known, almost like you’re trying to make up for being the littlest. I want you to remember that, just like your big brother and sister, you are my treasured blessing and I will always love you – no matter what. You don’t have to try so hard… you just have to be you!

Remember that we named you after a hero of the Bible. Scripture teaches us that while Noah was far from perfect, he was counted as righteous because he walked with God. That is my prayer for you, my Noah bug. Walk with Jesus! If your big personality requires it, you can run, karate chop, or cannonball with Him, too! You can call for Him in your loudest tyrannical voice and He will answer you even then. God certainly has mighty plans for a little guy as strong-willed, smart, and charming as you, and I look forward to seeing the ways he uses your passion and strength as you grow.

You are my prayer that came true, baby boy, and I love you as big as the sky!
 
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers