Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Partying with Elmo!

Our sweet & crazy, one and only girly girl turned three and she chose an Elmo/Sesame Street party as her theme. This was our first party to host in the new house… less than one month after we moved in. Stressful? A bit.

I made her invites and printed them on Shutterfly. I love how they turned out.
3rd Invite Private

There were no shortage of ideas for Elmo parties on Pinterest, so this was an easy party to plan. I went with a primary color scheme for the actual party and used some things I already had around the house as well as lots of printables.  This was, by far, the least prepared that I was for a party. I was still sewing her dress less than hour before go time. I also owed my family an apology for my host-zilla-ness that morning. Regardless, they rallied around me and helped me pull it off and we all had a great time!

Happy Birthday, Gracie!
IMG_8868

Welcome to my party!
IMG_8871

All ready to play host!
IMG_8866

The indoor set-up
IMG_8867

These character bags were fun to make. The kids used them for the Piñata candy.
IMG_8884

The wall sign was a last minute purchase from Party City the night before the party. It was too cute to pass up!
IMG_8888

The party table:
IMG_8874

Elmo Cake & Cupcakes
IMG_8855

Elmo fruit tray
IMG_8857

Party favors:
The cups were filled with crayons, a little notebook, and a sesame street crazy straw.
IMG_8876

This party is brought to you by
the letter G and the number 3!
IMG_8877

Outside, we had plenty of space for the kids to run around and play ~ yay for the new backyard! We also had a few games & activities set up. The first stop was “Cookie Monster’s Cookie Creation Station.”
IMG_8879

Ben making some play-doh cookies with Cole & Elise
IMG_8896

We also had “Oscar’s Trash Toss.”
IMG_8880

At first, I just had the kids line up and take turns tossing their trash. I soon found out that I had grossly overestimated their trash tossing skills and abilities. We quickly abandoned this method and moved on to…
IMG_8899

…boys versus girls trash pick-up race! Racing and a crazy mama yelling “Go! Go! Go!” makes everything more fun, right?! :)

P.S. The girls won!
IMG_8901

Gracie requested a Piñata, so we brought this little guy home. I will say there was something not quite right about beating this sweet Elmo until he fell apart and spilled his candy.
IMG_8881

Take that, Elmo. And that. And that.
IMG_8905

Patiently waiting for their turn to bring the hurt.
IMG_8906

You ain't got no legs, Elmo.
(Read that last sentence in your best Forrest Gump voice).
IMG_8909

Get your candy, folks!
IMG_8910

Group shot – post candy mayhem!
IMG_8917

Cake time! This picture cracks me up - Carter especially!
IMG_8919

Singing to the birthday girl
IMG_8921

Bri trying to get Noah to sing… he wasn’t interested.
IMG_8940

Blowing out her candles!
IMG_8923

Enjoying some cakey goodness with Mommy!
IMG_8934

Taking a minute to recap the festivities with Grandad.
598891_2197322710791_1370350857_n

Despite all of the moving craziness and party planning craziness and all around “I’m naturally a little crazy” craziness, the kids had a blast at the party. I will, of course, do it all again because how can I not celebrate these three precious kiddos!

Courtesy of Sweetie, Elmo actually showed up at the party!
IMG_8948

Thanks for coming, everyone!
IMG_8975

If my kids had a rap CD, this photo would be on the cover… Ben is so gangsta
IMG_8982

Noah says, “I’m outta here, crazies. Word to your mother… I mean my mother… I mean our mother… you know what I mean.”**
IMG_8965
**To be technical and historically accurate… Noah only says “ball”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers