Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The (Asian) Artist

Ben wanted to show off (especially for Grammy & Grandad)
using his new easel and paints!
Here he is showing off his fancy smock...


It fits great!

Working on his first painting.
Using ALL the colors and doing a great job! The finished project. It's a tree (bottom left) and a bunch of birds, for those of you without an eye for art. ;)

You know it wouldn't be a Ben activity if there wasn't a humorous anecdote to tell. When he finished painting, he told me that he had painted it for our friend Drew. (This normally wouldn't be relevant information, but Drew is Asian). I reminded him that Drew and Jamie had just moved away (Jamie is an Air Force doctor - we were sad to see them go!) He thought for a second and said, "Well, then I'll give it to Mr. Ikki." (Ikki is our neighbor from across the street, and happens to be the only other Asian that Ben knows personally.) Apparently, it was VERY important to Ben that the recipient of his work be of Asian descent. I have NO IDEA how this child's mind works, but he cracks me up!

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud!!!! Oh Ben...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see this work of art. It's probably for sale on Etsy as we speak. LOL

    When I and if I get this work of art, I will proudly display it in my office at Wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ikki - that's awesome. It's coming... I need to get the artist to sign it and have it framed! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Followers