Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Grace's Point of View - 3 Months

Here is Grace's 3 month journal entry from her baby book - where in the world did 3 months go?

In Mommy’s opinion, I grew up a lot this month. I’m no longer considered a newborn, and I’m trying to prove it with all the things I’m learning! I am eating 6 times a day, every 3 to 3 ½ hours. Most days I go to sleep around 8pm, wake up for a “dreamfeed” around 10 o’clock, and then go straight to bed and sleep until 7 or 8 am. I do wake up at 5 or 6 am once every 3 or 4 days, but Mommy doesn’t mind since I sleep so well all the other times. Nursing is still going pretty well, though I struggle a lot with being gassy. This leads to me crying and pulling off a lot sometimes. Mommy is trying to figure out if it’s something she’s eating that’s making me so upset. She is going to start with cutting out dairy and see if that helps. We are going through gas drops like crazy ‘cause I get some after EVERY feeding. Also, I am not a fan of the bottle, especially if Daddy tries to give it to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love Daddy, but I prefer my food to come from Mommy. Dad’s new trick is to sneak into my room as I’m waking up and reach the bottle over the side of the crib while he hides. It actually worked – silly Daddy! Our house was very quiet and lonely for a week this month ‘cause Bubba went to stay at Grammy’s house. I wanted to go too, but Mommy says I’m not old enough yet. I’ll get to go to Grammy Camp next summer! Oh, well. I did get to go visit her and Granddad when we all went up together, and that was so fun. I met Great Grandma Barrick and many of their friends from church.

Grammy took me shopping and bought me some pretty outfits that I will fit into very soon. As an added bonus, we got to stop at Aunt Kel & Justin's house in Dallas on the way home and I made friends with Lucy the Bulldog. We had lots of fun and I did much better on the car rides than Mommy & Daddy thought I would! The last week of the month was very exciting as we had two things to celebrate: Mommy turned 30 and my new cousin, Addison, was born. I can’t wait to meet Addison (we’ll get to visit her in the beginning of October). I think it is so special that I have a girl cousin so close to me in age. (I love my cousin, Gabriel, but I feel kind of left out 'cause he always plays with Ben!) I had a nurse’s visit on August 12th to catch up on my immunizations, and I weighed 10 pounds, 6 ounces. Another month, another pound! :)
Stay tuned for my 4 month adventures!
Love,
Gracie Belle


Grace's Milestones and Changes from this month:
Started cooing and babbling – 11 weeks
Held head up 90 degrees while on tummy – 12 weeks
Stopped swaddling – 13 weeks
Would wake up in my crib happy (sometimes) – 14 weeks
Started attending church nursery – 15 weeks
And, some pictures to document the month:

Weaning from my swaddle
Goodbye, swaddle.... hello, duck :)

Trying out my Exersaucer

Grammy introducing me to Great Grandma Barrick

Waiting for my dreamfeed

Helping Mommy clean and organize Bubba's room while he was away


Tummy Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers